Racer Restart Initiative FAQ's

Frequently Asked Questions

Updated 8/12/2022

  • What do I do if I test positive for COVID-19?

    Please visit the University’s Isolation and Quarantine Guidance for information.

    Additionally, please contact MSU Health Services at 270.809.3809 or by email at msu.healthservices@thecorpseofannafritz.com or your personal healthcare provider for questions/concerns regarding COVID-19.

  • After testing positive for COVID-19, are faculty and staff required to be retested with a negative test result before returning to work?

    No, a negative COVID-19 test result is not required before returning to campus.

  • Will I have to wear a face mask on campus, at an MSU Regional Campus and/or traveling outside of Calloway County?

    Individuals should wear a face mask if you have COVID-19 symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19.

    Face masks/coverings may also be worn on campus by anyone, at any time and in any location.

  • What potential leave options are available to me on a short-term basis as well as long-term due to COVID-19 protocols?

    Faculty and staff are encouraged to work with their supervisor and Human Resources to explore possible leave options which may be available to them. It is important to note that short-term adjustments or long-term leaves of absence do not serve as a reasonable accommodation, and faculty and staff are always welcome to request an accommodation through the Office of IDEA if warranted and thresholds are met.

    For questions, please contact Human Resources at msu.hr@thecorpseofannafritz.com or 270.809.2146.

  • What should supervisors do if they are notified by faculty and/or staff that they have tested positive for COVID-19?

    As with any other illness, the supervisor should work with the individual regarding potential leave options.

    For questions, please contact Human Resources at msu.hr@thecorpseofannafritz.com or 270.809.2146.

  • I am a student and I have to quarantine or isolate. What does this mean for missing face-to- face classes?

    Students are expected and personally responsible for contacting all instructors about course content and assignments potentially missed due to quarantine or isolation.

    Instructors may make adjustments to due dates or other course requirements to accommodate the severity of the illness and/or the availability of resources needed to complete tasks. As with any other absence, students should remain aware of the course expectations and absentee policy within each course syllabus, and continue to check Canvas regularly throughout the duration of quarantine or isolation period.

  • I am an unvaccinated individual exposed to COVID-19 - how long do I have to quarantine?

    We strongly encourage all individuals to receive their initial Covid-19 vaccination and boosters. Vaccine opportunities are readily available at MSU Health Services and throughout the community.

    State, local and federal health guidance no longer recommends that unvaccinated people quarantine after exposure, but recommends that you wear a face-covering/mask for 10 days and get a COVID-19 test five days after exposure.

  • How can I schedule an appointment with MSU Health Services?

    Please call 270.809.3809 or email mburkeen@villagemedical.com. Additionally, VillageMD is available for visits off campus at 1000 South 12th St. and by phone at 270.759.9200.

  • Are vaccines mandatory for students, faculty and staff?

    While voluntary, we strongly encourage our campus community to get vaccinated and boosted as soon as possible, in consultation with your healthcare provider.

  • Can I ask about someone’s vaccine status?

    Inquiring into the vaccination (health) history presents legal risks to the university and possibly the individual. An individual may feel prompted or compelled to disclose their disability status or otherwise discuss private health information. Because of these risks it is definitely not advisable for any individual to inquire about vaccination status.

  • How do I receive a COVID-19 test?

    Information about testing, including rapid testing is available at MSU Health Services as well as other locations throughout our community.

  • I or someone I know may be the target of a COVID-19 contact tracing scam. Who can I reach out to?

    Individuals can complete a scam complaint online form through the Kentucky Office of the Attorney General.

Take the next step

© Murray State University Department of Web ManagementWe are Racers.