Admitted Student Kickoff
Admitted Student Kickoff — February 4th, 2023
Admitted Student Kickoff is a come and go event that is free for students who have been admitted to Murray State University. You will receive valuable information about campus services and what it will be like to be a Racer. Plus, you will get a chance to register for Orientation. Sign up now to join Murray State faculty, staff, and current students to learn more about your future home.
Admitted Student Kickoff includes:
- Registration for Racer Nation Orientation!
- Learn more about Racer Nation Orientation from the 2023 Orientation Leadership team
- Chance to meet with Student Financial Services
- Join in Academic Open House sessions
- Want to join Racer Band, a campus club, or a Greek organization? Learn more during our student involvement sessions
- Learn about Housing and Residence Life
- Event t-shirt and other Murray State giveaways
- Other fun sessions
- In-Person Campus Tours
Full details regarding the sessions and locations will be sent closer to the event.
- All day (7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) — Rolling Check-in
- 8 a.m. — Presidential Fellowship Competition (invitation only)
- 9 a.m. — Racer Nation Orientation Registration Information Session
- 9:30 a.m. — Blue Information Sessions and Events
- 10:15 a.m. — Gold Information Sessions and Events
- 11 a.m. — Academic College Open House I
- 12 p.m. — Lunch
- 1 p.m. — Blue Information Sessions and Events
- 1:45 p.m. — Gold Information Sessions and Events
- 2:30 p.m. — Special Lectures
- 3:15 p.m. — Academic College Open House II
- 4 p.m. — Hot Chocolate Social
- 4:30 p.m. — Myths and Legends Tour
Additional Events: Meet Racer One, Athletic Facilities Tour, Campus Tours, Financial Aid Appointments, Myths and Legends Night Tour.
Registration for Racer Nation Orientation
Racer Nation Orientation is a mandatory event held in the summer for incoming freshmen and transfer students. The program has been designed to help you transition to college and enhance your success at Murray State. Attending orientation will be your earliest chance to register for fall classes.
2023 Orientation Dates
- Session 1 – April 14 Honors Orientation*
- Session 2 – April 15
- Session 3 – June 1
- Session 4 – June 3
- Session 5 – June 14
- Session 6 – June 16
- Session 7 – July 6
- Session 8 – August 3
*you must apply and be admitted into the Honors College to attend this session. Learn more about the Honors College.
Please note, there is a $130.00 orientation fee, that will be deferred to Fall 2023 student billing, which covers all costs for the student and any guests.
If you have a scheduling conflict, you can change the date of your Orientation session to a session that is still available.
Directions, Parking and Maps
- Travel to Murray: how to get here, where to stay, where to eat, etc...
- Download a Campus Map
- Interactive Campus Map
- Local Weather
Parking on campus
Visitor and guest parking permits are free. A visitor parking link will be sent after registering for Admitted Student Kickoff as part of our informational newsletters.
Welcome from the President
I am very pleased you've been admitted to Murray State University and have officially joined our Racer Family! In receiving admission to Murray State, you are being welcomed into a collegiate community that thrives on academic excellence within a student-centered, family atmosphere. Murray State has consistently been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top regional universities in the United States.
In addition to high academic quality, Murray State proudly provides a great overall collegiate student life experience. Through our academic programs, hands-on learning opportunities, small class sizes, unique Residential College system and personalized attention from faculty and staff, your Murray State experience will be both exciting and rewarding.
Congratulations on being admitted to Murray State and I look forward to seeing you on campus soon. Welcome to the Racer Family!
Bob Jackson, Ed.D.