Current and returning Racer Academy students
Dates to Remember
Spring 2023 Semester: January 17 - May 5
- January 20, 2023
Tuition refunds of 80% began. No refunds are given after February 14. See additional prorated charges.
- January 23, 2023
Last day to add a full semester Spring course.
- March 20-24, 2023
- April 21, 2023
Last day to drop a full semester course with grade of "Withdraw" (W) and no impact on GPA.
- May 5, 2023
- May 6-12, 2023
Fall 2023 Semester: August 15 - December 8
- June 1, 2023
Registration forms due for new and returning students for Fall 2023.
- August 15, 2023
Fall 2023 courses begin.
Forms and Flyers
- Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval Form to submit a course registration request. Return to Lisa Schmidt, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Withdrawal/Drop Form. E-mail to email@example.com and confirm it has been received.
Flyers / Information
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost?
Racer Academy courses cost $91 per credit hour. Be sure to check with your guidance counselor to see if your course is eligible for a KHEEA scholarship or local grant. Some courses may require the purchase of additional materials such as a textbook.
If a parent(s) is employed by Murray State, a tuition waiver may be used to pay the course tuition.
All questions regarding cost, payments, and scholarships can be directed to Amy Watters in the Bursar's Office. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 270.809.4211.
- What do returning Racer Academy students need to do to register?
If you are a returning Racer Academy student, an e-mail from the guidance counselor should be sent to email@example.com with the Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval form. This should be accompanied by an updated transcript. You do not need to submit another Admission Application.
If you're new to Racer Academy, follow these admission instructions.
- I'm registered! What comes next?
- You will be admitted when all required documents have been reviewed, and it is determined that admission requirements have been met.
- After you are admitted, you will receive an e-mail from Racer Academy Admissions with your Murray State ID (M number) and myGate password. Follow the instructions in this e-mail to get started! If you do not receive a letter or e-mail before classes start, contact the Service Desk at 270.809.2346.
- The Registrar's Office will register you in the course.
- Where will my class be taught?
Your course will be taught on Canvas. After you've registered, log-in to Canvas to see the course shell. (Your username is the first part of your Murray State e-mail address.) Course work will not be available until the first day of class or when it is published by your instructor. If you do not see the course, contact us as soon as possible! The Murray State Service Desk is always on hand to help. Just call 270.809.2346.
View the Canvas Student Guide
- How will Murray State contact me?
After you are admitted, check your Murray State email account regularly or forward it to an email account you do check. All official correspondence from the university will come to your Murray State email account.
- How do I pay my bill?
All billing statements are available to view on your myGate account. Notifications to your MSU e-mail account will be sent when bills are available to view. The Bursar's Office is responsible for the collection of all fees owed to the University. They can be reached at 270.809.4227.
If your high school would like to pay for your students, e-mail Amy Watters at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your school's name, address, list of students to bill, and a contact person.
If you have scholarship questions, contact the Bursar's Office at 270.809.4227.
- Help! I can't log in!
If you need help logging in, call the Service Desk at 270.809.2346 and they will get you connected over the phone!
- How do I drop a course?
If you need to drop a class, submit the Racer Academy Withdrawal/Drop form to Kristi Jackson at email@example.com. She will send you a confirmation email when the drop is complete.
Important: Racer Academy courses cost $91 a credit hour. Depending on when you drop your course, you may be responsible for a portion or all of your tuition. View the proration of charges for the current semester and drop deadlines. If you do not drop your course before a certain date each semester, you will receive a letter grade in the course.
- I want to take a course but it isn't listed on the schedule.
Contact Lisa Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
High schools – if you have 10 or more students who want to take course, please let us know.
- Can I come to campus?
Yes! You are welcome to join us on campus starting in August.
- If you are parking on campus, you must purchase a parking pass.
- A student ID (RacerCard) is available for $20.
- In order to access the Wellness Center, you must have a RacerCard and sign a liability form.
Your responsibilities as a college student
College is hard. It is supposed to be that way. It will take time and commitment from you in order to do well in your class. Your challenge is to manage your time, family, and outside commitments in order to be successful in your course. Ask your professor and/or guidance counselor if you need help. Value your education and this great opportunity you have!
- Do well in your course. You will be taking a college course that may require more work than you are used to as a high school student. Remember that you will receive a failing grade on your transcript if you stop attending a class or never start. You must tell us if you need to drop a course or if you have any problems! Tutoring is available online for some courses.
- Know Racer Academy deadlines and procedures. Know when you can drop a course and not receive a grade. If you drop after that date, you may receive a failing grade! Know that there is a deadline after which you cannot drop a course and receive a tuition refund. After those dates, you will be responsible for payment!
- Check your Murray State e-mail regularly. All official correspondence will be sent to your Murray State e-mail address. If you do not check this account, you can have it forwarded to an account you do check.
- Take the Title IX training on Canvas. Racer Academy students are required to take Title IX training on Canvas each year. Not doing so will result in a registration hold. The Alcohol and Drug Education and Covid training is not required for dual credit students.
- What about grades? Your final grade is determined by your professor. Grades will be available to view on myGate at the end of the semester. If you have a concern, discuss this with your instructor immediately. Do not wait until the end of the semester!
Contact Racer Academy
Coordinator of Dual Credit and Special Populations
Center for Adult and Regional Education
For admission instructions and general questions
Office of the Provost
333 Wells Hall
Billing and Scholarships
121 Sparks Hall
For billing and scholarship questions
Hutson School of Agriculture
214 S. Applied Sciences
For questions regarding Agriculture coursework